Earn a nice chunk of contact hours to use towards your nursing license. These contact hours will be valid in all 50 states.
Learn at home or on the go with the new mobile-friendly Online Portal. Training videos can be viewed on any desktop, laptop, tablet, and smart phone. It is compatible with both PC and Mac.
The module that includes a manual and training videos for two key sections:
Legal Nurse Basics:
- What Are Legal Nurse Consultants?
- What Do Legal Nurse Consultants Do?
- History of Legal Nurse Consulting
- Why Are Legal Nurse Consultants Needed?
- Who Can Legal Nurse Consultants Work For?
- Career Options for Legal Nurse Consultants
- What Types of Cases Can Legal Nurse Consultants Expect?
- Why Become an Independent Legal Nurse Consultant?
- Qualities of Legal Nurse Consultants
- Roadblocks When Practicing As A Legal Nurse Consultant
- Legal & Ethical Aspects of Legal Nurse Consulting
- Standards of Care and Deviations of Standards of Care
- Hospital Policies and Procedures
- Medical-Legal Research
- Torts, Personal Injury, Product Liability, and Medical Malpractice
- Medical Record Tampering
- Preparation for Discovery, Depositions, and Interrogatories
- Selection, Review, and Preparation of Testifying Expert Witness
- Preparation of Exhibits and Demonstrative Evidence
- Trial Preparation and Trial
- What Makes Legal Nurse Consultants Successful?
Report Writing & Case Analysis:
- How To Use Your Computer To Write Reports
- Medical Record Organization
- Types of Reports, Fee Schedule, and Retainer
- Reviewing A Case For Merit
- Tab, Paginate, Reference, and Index
- How to Create a Timeline and Demonstrative Evidence
- Timeline and Chronology
- Event Calendar
- Medical Records of Interest
Use this step-by-step manual to learn how to create great looking reports using common software on your computer. Upgrade to a more advanced certification package to receive a more comprehensive version that includes how to work efficiently with paperless medical records.
15 downloadable templates that can be used when writing reports for your cases.
Part of the Online Portal. Easily access thousands of medically-related links and resources that may be useful when working cases.
Get real case experience and learn how to work a case from start to finish using real medical records, and learn how to create an impressive report with this introductory sample cases. After completing this case, you will be confident in your abilities and will know exactly how to review and write a report on your first case. Upgrade to a more advanced certification package to practice working with paperless medical records.